Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tita's visit for Nowruz

It's been a while since I've been able to post.  Sorry.  It's between sleeping vs blogging, or cleaning vs blogging, or watching the Walking Dead vs blogging, and blogging seems to lose every time!
Well, anyway, Tita came to visit last week for Nowruz and my mom's birthday.  We picked her up in Atlanta; actually, Amy picked her up early from the airport (she's a true friend) and I met them at her house a couple hours later.  The boys love both those ladies and we had a nice morning playing, cooking, and talking.  We stayed for lunch, and then headed over to Cyrus' ophthalmologist for his first check up after glasses and patching.  
After picking up some Chinese food (vegetarian, of course), we headed home to see Gabriel and the kitties.  I had to work on Thursday and Friday, so Tita stayed home with Kai and picked Cyrus up from school.  She did such a good job with them: cooking, reading, going to the library, playing with action figures, etc.  Poor girl, she comes on the Red Eye and is always EXHAUSTED, but she gets up at 7 AM to be the kids when I leave for work.  What a good auntie!
On Friday night, we met in Commerce and all squished into the Camry for our drive home.  We spent a wonderful weekend with my whole family for Persian New Year and my mom's birthday.  There are lots of pictures below.  Enjoy!
-Shirin

Tita reading Kai a book almost as soon as we arrived.



Amy starting our delicious meal of fried rice and Vietnamese greens.



Having a lovely lunch together.



Our lunch.



I'm happy to announce that Amy is due with a baby girl on August 9.  



Playing Dixit with Amy, Tita, and Cyrus.



Cyrus getting his eyes checked.  He's improved a lot.




His right eye is still fine.  His left eye has gone from 20/100 to 20/50!  It's way better!  Sadly, we will still have to patch his right eye until he's nine, because his brain will regress without patching until his vision is set at age nine.  I'm not looking forward to that (and the extra patching the doctor has now recommended: 6 hours a day instead of 4.  We are actually doing 3 hours during the week and ALL weekend days so he doesn't have to patch at school).  But, I'm relieved his eyesight is so much better.



Back home with Auntie Tita, reading MORE books.  She must have been sick of reading by the time she left GA.



Playing a memory game on their Pooh phone.




I got this cute picture texted to me while I was at work.  SOOO cute!



On our way to RH.  We didn't want to drive two cars or have to pay for a bigger rental car, so we turned Kai's car seat back into the reverse position so I could squeeze in the back middle.  I didn't love it back there, but I survived.



Dressed up for Nowruz.  I loved this new little suit Cyrus got from his Grandma (Gabriel's mom).  He looked very dapper.



In front of the Haft Sin table.



Cute little quarter-Persian boys.



Having a big breakfast at Ihop on Saturday morning.  We made the boys wait hours for breakfast and they were starving, as you can tell.



My first family.



Back home to light the candles and get the Eidee (money).



 Getting Eidee from Baba.



Tita reading more books to the boys.
 



Kai loves his auntie.



Sunday morning breakfast: ash e sabzi (Persian bean stew).  Maybe this explains why I don't like breakfast foods for breakfast.



What Gabriel did much of Saturday and Sunday.  Must be nice to be a man.  (In his defense, I did fall asleep last night at 8 PM and sleep straight through until 7:30 AM this morning).



Getting ready to surprise my mom for her birthday.  



Flowers, cake, and presents for the best mom in the world.



Checking out her cake.



Tita's handiwork.



Thinking of a wish.



Singing "Happy Birthday" to Nama.



 Excited about cake.



On Sunday, for lunch, we went out to a great Vietnamese restaurant.  Ricardo (on the left) lives in Charlotte and was able to join us.



Gabriel's crispy noodle with stir-fried tofu and veggies.



My amazing vermicelli salad.



My mom's lemongrass tofu.



A yellow tofu and bean sprout pancake for the kids.  Strange but tasty.



Cyrus snuggling with his Nama before heading back home for Athens.

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun. Can I hit rewind and let's do it all again?

    ReplyDelete