Saturday, March 02, 2013

Bulldawg Brawl pictures

Two weekends ago, Brendan fought in his first boxing match.  It was amateur, although the guys in the matches were all super fit and buff.  The Bulldawg Brawl is an annual boxing event to raise money for an organization that helps children with HIV.  
Sadly, Brendan lost by decision (meaning by points).  He had a very good opponent who got a few more punches in, although I thought Bren fought very well and was definitely the aggressor most of the time.  We were very proud of him.
Along for the ride, Gabriel and I brought Beth and the boys.  It wasn't too late at night and the kids enjoyed seeing their uncle fighting and being tough.  This was Beth's first boxing match (as it was for me too), so it was a new experience for both of us.  I had a great time, except for being nervous while watching someone I loved in a fight!
-Shirin

At Transmetropolitan before the match.



Cyrus took these pics and told us to look silly.




Being silly himself.



On our way from dinner to get frozen yogurt before the boxing match, guess who we ran into? 




The boxing ring.  There were about 10 matches, plus 1 women's boxing match.



Kai and Beth watching another fight before Bren's.



Beth's lap was a popular place.



Watching the ladies' boxing match from Gabriel's shoulders.



We sat on the balcony and had a great view.



 After the match, the kids tried out their boxing skills. (Just pretend-hitting, mostly).



Discussing the match afterwards.  Gabriel thought Bren won in points in the second round and lost in the first round, so it was the third round that must've decided it.  Darn, I wish he'd won them all, but I guess that's unrealistic.



Brendan HATES to lose, but he tried to have a good attitude about it.  He really did fight well and the other guy was quite good.  Maybe next year, Bren!  We're proud of you!



This was one of the official pictures taken during the match.



Black eyes the next day but doing OK.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Oh, my baby, say it isn't so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Great shots! Come back and visit us for future Bulldawg Brawls!

    ReplyDelete